Sunday, May 25, 2014

March.... Madness.... London....

March madness began from Maui! Took the red-eye back to DC, off to London from Washington Dulles.
As always a "sky warrior" need to be prepared for this last minute travel plans and have to enjoy every moment like a child in a toy land. Interestingly, spring has started in London compared to the cold pronged winter in the East Coast.

I stayed in Bracknell and the commute was not so bad.  One evening we had our business dinner in Windsor. Windsor is always special for me.  During my first business trip to London in 1997, I stayed at the Castle Hotel just opposite to the Windsor castle.  I used walk across the Thames to see the Eton College and the beautiful gardens.  This time I did not have time to go to the British Museum. I love the museum collections on Assyrian and the Egyptian rare artifacts. Some of them are even better than the one in the museum at Cairo.

I visited Piccadilly and nothing changed much in the two years. It was nice to meet couple of my old friends in the city.  I find the Britishers more relaxed and not worry too much about terrorism.  Security at the Heathrow airport was as usual.  I am so used to the procedure that I can remove shoes and put the laptop on a tray in a minute!

Could not believe that the week was gone just like that. Sitting comfortably in the BA flight to go back home, I was reminiscing about the visits made to the cities in UK. Apart from London, in Manchester I had a great time with my colleagues when I visited Liverpool with them. I will blog more on Liverpool one of these days. The flight attendant announced that due to the turbulence there will be an hour delay. I smiled, thinking how travel helps to develop patience!





PEACE ON EARTH


All content copyright © by Sobana Iyengar.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Sobana,

    Yes, we do have to remember. And, here I am watching the French Open tennis.

    My best
    Bea

    ReplyDelete