Monday, May 14, 2012

Coronation....Jubilee....Kolkata....

My path crossed again at Heathrow. Yes,  I am on my way to India. The airport duty free shops are adorned with the diamond jubilee celebration of the Queen.  Even the airport security and ushers are wearing the purple sash and the British Airways lounge looked festive too.  I do like the BA lounge these days as the food they serve has become more like the regular London cuisine!! aka Indian!!

While browsing the Internet I came across this news about the discovery made  in the RCAHMS ( Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland)  archive -  a collection of photographs of India from early 1900 or around 1912.  They mention about the photographs must have been taken during the visit of George V and his Queen. I definitely know our Bengali family friends and especially dear Mashima will enjoy these pictures of  old Kolkata (Calcutta).
                                                     

Here is the link to the website and gallery.

http://www.rcahms.gov.uk/news/lost-imagery-of-india-discovered


PEACE ON EARTH

All content copyright © by Sobana Iyengar.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great trip. My Indian neighbors spent two or so months in India and just returned. I'll have to give them the link. They were in northwestern India.

    Hava fun!

    Bea

    ReplyDelete